• To gain entry into Indonesia, foreign nationals need to have in their
possession passports when arrived in Indonesia with at least six months of
validity and appropriate visas, and have proof (tickets) of onward or return
• Visa application can be carried out at the
Indonesian Embassies or
• The application is made by filling out appropriate application forms -
available from the Embassies or Consulates - and by enclosing 3 colour
passport-size photographs and a valid passport, along with supporting
documents depending on the types of visa to be applied.
• A fee is payable in US Dollar or local currencies.
• Certain applications, such as those to work, study or live in Indonesia
and other applications that need a special permit from the
Office in Indonesia, need to be referred to Jakarta for approval. This
process can take up to 2 (two) months before a decision is made and the visa
• Visa that has been issued is valid for 90 days. If an applicant fails to
enter Indonesia within the 90 days period after the visa is issued, the visa
will be declared invalid.
• Guarantee of the availability of fund to cover living expenses while in
Indonesia proved by having at least US$2000,- in form of Traveler Cheque /
Bank Statement / cash.
• Please note that possession of a visa does not guarantee entry into
Indonesia. Permission to enter Indonesia is the authorization of the
Immigration Officer at the point of entry.
• The Embassy reserved the right to accept or reject any visa application
without assigning any reasons or to ask for the further information.
• The Indonesian government has officially announced the new Immigration
regulation on Visa on Arrival
to be effective on 28 May 2007. According to the new regulation, there are
63 nationalities be granted the facility of Visa on Arrival.
The list of the 63 nationalities, which can enjoy the facility of Visa on Arrival.
• Republic of Indonesia issued the visa in the form of stickers stick on the
passport of applicant. Visa has been granted is valid within 90 (ninety)
days from the date of visa issue. Check
HERE for the types of visa issued by Government of Republic of